Datelinehealth Africa (DLHA) accepts advertising from "Advertisers", which may include banners, badges, contextual advertising and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as "Advertisements" or "Advertising"). In addition, as used in this policy, the terms "Advertising" and "Advertisements" include banners, modules, links, microsites, native advertisements and other content provided by or on behalf of Advertisers.
The Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their advertising. The following guidelines have been established by DLHA to govern various aspects of advertising on DLHA digital properties, which include websites and mobile applications directed at consumers and or healthcare professionals.
The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of advertisements by DLHA, how advertisements are displayed on DLHA digital properties, and the removal of advertisements there from. DLHA has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with advertising on DLHA digital properties. The policy is changeable at any time at the sole discretion of DLHA and without obligation to prior notification by posting a revised policy to applicable DLHA digital property.
- DLHA has sole discretion for determining the types of advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the DLHA digital properties, and under no circumstances will DLHA's acceptance of any advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
- There are certain categories of advertisements that DLHA will not knowingly permit on the DLHA digital properties at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, 'objectionable', 'ineffective' and/or 'dangerous' products (DLHA reserves the right to determine what is 'objectionable', 'ineffective' and/or 'dangerous').
- Fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material.
- Material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the DLHA digital properties.
- Weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks.
- Pornography or related themes.
- Tobacco use of any kind.
- Conveyance of fake emergency.
- Material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 14.
- Media or messages for or that reference "M" rated video games or content.
- Unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims.
- Media messages or imagery that strobe or flash.
- Media or messages that contain unsubstantiated "miracle" weight loss or other exaggerated claims of cure.
- Advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit.
- DLHA recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and DLHA's editorial content. All advertising on the DLHA digital properties will be clearly and unambiguously identified. DLHA will not allow any advertising on the DLHA digital properties that is not identified with the label of "Advertisement", "From our Advertiser", "Information from Industry" or a similar designation indicating that the advertising is being provided by or on behalf of an Advertiser.
- A click on an advertisement may only link the end user to the advertiser's site or to relevant sponsored content area on a DLHA digital property.
- DLHA retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on a DLHA digital property based on DLHA delivered search results. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source, e.g., "DLHA News" or "Journal Article." If advertising appears in the search results, it is labeled as such. In addition, DLHA provides a separate area on the search results page of certain DLHA digital properties which only display Advertising.
- As described in the "Ads by Google" hyper link in the Ads by Google section on applicable DLHA digital properties Search pages, these "Ads by Google" are advertisements that have been purchased by companies that want to have links to their websites appear adjacent to search results in response to specific terms.
- DLHA reserves the right to decide at any time in its sole discretion whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove advertising from any DLHA digital property. DLHA cannot provide any assurances that Advertisements will perform without error on all platforms, including websites and mobile applications.
- It is the Advertiser's responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising within the DLHA digital properties (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such advertising), including without limitation current national regulatory guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising. DLHA will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, DLHA reserves the right to review all advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if DLHA becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, DLHA may remove the advertising from the DLHA digital property.
- No advertising on DLHA digital properties shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code (any such pixel, tag, code or device a "Pixel") or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the DLHA digital properties unless expressly approved in writing by DLHA. If DLHA approves the inclusion of a Pixel in an advertisement, then unless and only to the extent that such approval contains an express exception, (i) Advertiser may not use such Pixel to collect any personally-identifiable information (PII) with respect to any DLHA user, (ii) no such Pixel can be flash or object based, (iii) the Pixel can be blocked and any cookie placed can be deleted by user browser settings, (iv) Advertiser will not link any non-PII that it collects to any PII that it may have from any other source and (v) Advertiser will not update any existing profile or create any profile in its database based on any data collected on the DLHA site, including the fact that someone is a DLHA user or any information derived from the information in the referring URL.
Created: October 22, 2017
DATELINEHEALTH AFRICA INC., is a digital publisher for informational and educational purposes and
does not offer personal medical care and advice. If you have a medical problem needing routine or
emergency attention, call your doctor or local emergency services immediately, or visit the nearest
emergency room or the nearest hospital. You should consult your professional healthcare provider before
starting any nutrition, diet, exercise, fitness, medical or wellness program mentioned or referenced in the
DatelinehealthAfrica website. Click here for more disclaimer notice.